Linux Driver for USB WiFi Adapters that are based on the RTL8814AU Chipset.
- v22.214.171.124 (Realtek) (20191029)
- Plus updates from the Linux community
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi compliant
- 802.1x, WEP, WPA TKIP and WPA2 AES/Mixed mode for PSK and TLS (Radius)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac Client mode
- Supports wireless security for WEP, WPA TKIP and WPA2 AES PSK
- Supports site survey scan and manual connect
- Supports power saving mode
- Supported interface modes
- AP (see Bridged Wireless Access Point located in the main directory of this repo)
- USB mode control
- Log level control
- LED control
- Power saving control
- VHT control (allows 80 MHz channel width in AP mode)
- SU Beamformee control
- SU Beamformer control
Please check repo for more information and current support.
- ALFA AWUS1900
- ASUS USB-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band USB 3.0 WiFi Adapter
- Edimax EW-7833 UAC AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter
- Numerous products that are based on the supported chipset
Debian (Ubuntu , Kali, Linux Mint etc.)
sudo apt install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential dkms git libelf-dev
git clone https://github.com/morrownr/8814au.git
Note: please reboot after installation
A file called
8814au.conf will be installed in
/etc/modprobe.d by default.
This file will be read and applied to the driver on each system boot.
To edit the driver options file, run the
Documentation for Driver Options is included in the file